Wednesday, December 19, 2007

All Done!

Phew, I'm beat. Town sure takes it out of you, especially this time of year. I think Islanders get hit harder by seasonal crowds than city people: we just don't have the immunity to it that they have built up.

I managed to get everything done I needed to, except the main reason I went to town. Luckily my parents are going in tomorrow and they'll get it for me. I'm done all my of Christmas shopping and there's still six days left. This is a rare and momentous occasion, probably never to happen again. I do still have two handmade gifts to finish up, but I don't have to shop any more!

We ran in to Doug twice in town and on the ferry. Hornby people seem to gravitate to each other when they're in town. If I see someone I know once, I'm almost guaranteed to see them twice. Last week I ran into Gordon and Mary in Superstore like four times, we'd go opposite ways and still manage to find each other.

We saw Doug at Canadian Tire, he left, but five minutes later he was back to ask Jer about a certain kind of fire extinguisher. The lady beside us told him to get one from the fire department. We had a good laugh about that one. It does lead me to wonder though, if our firefighters don't know where to get fire extinguishers, how are we supposed to know?

I was supposed to go to the kids' Christmas play tonight, but I'm just too beat. It was really, really good last year: Margaret wrote it. Apparently, Margaret wrote this play too, ah well, I'll hear all about it later.

Tonight was also supposed to be Party #1, but again, I just don't have any energy to socialize.

No comments: