Saturday, January 12, 2008

Stupid Thursday

Thursday was just not my day. I got up and it seem all nice and peaceful, the shop was closed and we were just hanging out, then the phone rang. It was Joanne on the other end, calling for a ride to work. I had about ten minutes to get ready to go, I hate it when I forget about work, it makes it harder to find the energy to go. It was fine when I got there, a little boring, but it went well. I was a little worried, still am, but I know I'll be alright.

After work I went over to the school to photocopy a flyer to give to the kids about Teen Night. The first bus left just as I got there, there was no one to tell me what my mum's copy code was or how to turn the stupid thing on. I gave up on the flyer, things just weren't going my way. So, I called Jer to see if he'd pick me up, but he had just gotten home and was leaving soon. I managed to get a ride quite quickly, it went to the hill just before my house. I hung out with my mum for a bit then walked down to the house. This is when it started.

I'm interested in Sarah's car, so I called Steve and Nancy to get the keys, no answer. My mum said she would drive me down to get the keys before 6:20. I then proceeded to spend from 4:45ish to just after 8:00 on the phone trying to make the Ski Day happen. I called Mount Washington just before five, only to be put on hold until exactly 5:00 and then be told that there was no one to answer the phone. I called everyone I could think of to find out about road conditions and whether or not there was a free/cheap shuttle. There is not! An entire car bailed on me and the other two drivers didn't have chains.

I had finally gotten a go ahead to cancel, leaving the individuals the option to go up and I would give them tickets, when Somebody called. He still wanted to go and was willing to drive, so I said sure I'll give you tickets later.

On top of all that I had to find a supervisor to Teen Night. I had called people the day before but no one was home and they didn't call me back. Ian agreed to help me out. I'm very greatful.

I still haven't managed to get a hold of Sarah or Steve and Nancy.

All in all, it was a very frustrating and disheartening day. I will definitely not do organizing of that nature again.

No comments: