Monday, January 7, 2008

The Moving of Watertower and other delights.

I think I will start with the "other delights". Unfortunately it is not particularly delightful, not bad, but totally not a delight. Yesterday was board meeting day. The meetings are always interesting and yesterday was no exception. There was something extra exciting though, we have a new board member! Rudy Rogalsky has joined and agreed to be our Treasurer. We're very lucky to have him. We also have another potential new board member, hopefully we didn't scare her off. ;o)
We left the house bright and early this morning to go off to the trails. Jer had arranged with Andrew Carmichael to meet at 9:30 to move Watertower trail. Andrew recruited some people and Jer recruited a couple and it turned into quite the group. We had bikers, riders, hikers, and the helpful out on the trails.
It ended up being Jer, myself, Sara Vipond, Andrew and Lynne Carmichael, Dale, Derian, Jan, Karen, Jim, and Olivier(?). Sara, Karen, and I spent most of our time working together cleaning up the trail behind the heavy clearers. It was definitely the most fun I've had trail clearing, I got to get to know someone new and reconnected with someone I don't see very often. I think Sara and I managed to convince Karen to try either a Thursday (9AM Slade Women only...Rachelle) or Sunday ride (2PM Slade).
The trail is moved, groomed to perfection 2/3 or 1/2 way, and totally ridable the rest of the way. I was shocked, it was pretty much the whole trail that had to be moved. Their property is much bigger than I had originally believed.

No comments: