Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Island Hopping

New Year's Eve was great. Jer and I went to Gabriola to have one last hurrah with Sasha and Amy before they leave.

We got there around 6:30ish with a dinner invite for 7:00. Sasha and Amy were doing about a million things to get ready, luckily dinner got moved to 8:00. We met some nice people and had some great food and then moved on.

The second party we went to was at a friend of a friend's of Amy. It was Amy's friend's birthday so she wanted to see her before she left on her trip. (Did any of that make any sense?) They were attempting to play Balderdash with way to many people, half of them drunk. The game swiftly broke up for socializing.

After a big Balderdash resume with a smaller group of people. While the drunks were playing Balderdash Jer, Sasha, Amy, her friend, and I played Pick Two. It's like Scrabble on crack. I'm definitely going to have to buy it. Jer and I played Sasha and Amy for the first game, then Jer sat out and the three of us played a couple of games.

We rang in the new year and stayed for a bit, then went home to bed.

This morning we woke bright and squirrelly. I cooked breakfast while the others ran around getting packed. I had to be on the 1:20 to meet my parents, so at 1ish we went to go to the ferry. Jer backed the truck down the driveway, then turned it off at the bottom for Amy to hop in to take us. When Amy turned the key some bad noises happened and not much else. Jer tried to no avail. Time was getting tight so we jumped into Amy's car. Initially we tried with me sitting on Jer's lap. We shuffled around and Jer drove. Along the way Jer decided not to come with me to get his keys for Van. So we split.

It was an interesting morning. I hope his truck is okay, he had to stay on Gabriola to take care of it.

No comments: