Wednesday, January 2, 2008

The Last of Christmas

Every year we go to Campbell River on the first. Our three families have been gathering since as long as I can remember. We rarely see each other throughout the year, so this is our chance to reconnect. I have this great relationship with one of my "cousins", we rarely talk, but we're very close, hugs are a little longer, and you feel like you see the person all the time.

This year was much the same as the others, but without a pool table. We usually play pool all night, but my "Uncle" Brian had his stuff all over it. :o( Even though it's usually the same thing each year, I wouldn't miss it for the world. Elise has missed quite frequently in the last few years, other plans seem to come first for her. Ah well.

And so we say good bye to the last of the holidays.

No comments: