Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Another Crazy Wednesday

My morning started far too early for my cough. I was almost out the door and I realized I needed the key, so a quick stop at home on the way to Room to Grow. I fill in for Vicki at Teen Tutoring when she's unavailable. It was quiet, as it always is when I'm there, just two kids.

After Teen Tutoring comes quilting, today was a little different. My mom happened to be around when the kids left so I went and spent a couple hours with her looking at quilting stuff at home. I found my next pattern! Last time I spent like two weeks looking for inspiration. My mom had some printed sheets with patterns; one had hers, but one of the other ones had the perfect pattern. It's the only one I've seen that I would actually like to have on my bed.

I went to quilting all excited with this pattern and everyone said it was very nice, but... It's a very challenging pattern, lots of tiny points. I am definitely not the most accurate sewer in the world, but I'll do my best.

After quilting was the HIRRA meeting. It wasn't nearly as painful as I expected. I learned some interesting things, but mostly I was there to support Lynne when she gave the HIAC presentation. She did very well. I'm not sure if I'll be attending regularly, but I'll definitely pay more attention when the agendas are sent out and may attend the odd meeting.

No comments: