Thursday, January 24, 2008

"Drivin' in my car car in..."

Well, you know the rest, or you do if you played skipping games in elementary. I bought my first car yesterday! She's wonderful, handles beautifully, just few minor problems, and she's red. I've always wanted a red car: a Mustang, but a Cavalier will do. Thank you to Doug for giving her a check up and a, mostly, clean bill of health.

I was supposed to meet Sarah at 4 yesterday and then we'd get the 5 home, but she didn't show up until 4:30. I was totally stressed, luckily I had gone to the insurance place before and got almost all of the paperwork out of the way. My cheques don't have my name on them so the lady at the insurance place gave me a form that my bank needed to fill out. I went up to the Comox Valley Credit Union to see if they could do. The lady there wasn't supposed to but managed to sweet talk her into it, I showed her my cheque, my ID, and my bank card. She said she had no way to verify that I had an account there, but she did it anyway. Thank you Myrna! I wish I could send you chocolates, without getting you in trouble.
I think that's the important part of my car, there were minor issues leading up to buying, but nothing insurmountable. It's been so long since I've posted that I can't remember what's happened in between, except for the trip to see Hans for his birthday.

Jer and I decided to take the train to Shawnigan, instead of driving, it was a brilliant decision. The ride both ways was very nice, but on the ride down there was a tree over the tracks and we just slowed down and pushed it off. Rather interesting/exciting if I do say so myself.

Once we got to the station on the other end we get off and Jer says "Where are we?" My reply showed a distinct lack of knowledge. There was a woman there dropping off her friend though and she said she'd take us where we'd need to go. She said it was no problem, but she spent most of the short ride telling us how awful she felt because of this allergic reaction to wine she'd had the night before.

The party was good, although Hans was very, very drunk and Jer felt the need to catch up to him, but Hans stopped drinking not too long after we got there and started sobering up. Jer was even having a few issues drinking water out of a glass at the end of the night. :oD

We met some people who had been coming up to Hornby for about ten years, Hans has the frame of the bike I really want for sale in his shop, but I just bought a car I don't need to buy an expensive bike too, well...I can't buy a bike too really. Jer called Steve after we got there and he came over, it was nice to see him again. He'd just a inherited his son's old cell phone and wasn't used to it, it rang and he missed his very first call. It was his son checking up on him because it was late...weird role reversal, huh?

There were lots of funny stories, I don't think I've ever laughed that hard with people I don't know. Then off to bed. Mary gave us a fleece sheet to sleep on, it was amazing. It really helped with the cold, they had been keeping the fire going outside all day, but not in the house.

In the morning Mary had a migraine so we didn't see her, or Kelly who was still in bed, so we had a nice breakfast with Hans and then off to the train for the ride home.

No comments: