Friday, March 7, 2008

Turtles and mysteries

I was supposed to go to town/Demxx yesterday, but I got a call from Tina asking for help with Arts Afternoons. I had offered help earlier so I only felt right saying yes. It was so much fun!

I was helping Norma with a pottery class for the primary grades. There were four of them: Spencer, Heron, Cassidy, and Sachel. Four kids to two teachers was a good ratio, although they didn't need much help today. It was the third week so they were pretty independent. By the end they were working on sculptures instead of the platters and house candle holders they were working on before. I made a turtle candle holder: haven't played with clay forever.

Norma's daughter, I think, is the woman who makes the crooked, jazzy looking house candle holders. I've wanted one for so long. It was neat to see the kids making them. We're glazing them nextweek. I'm glad Tina called, it was a blast. They even helped clean up.

Afterwards I went home and hung out for awhile. My mum and I got sucked into a computer game. We started it at 10:30, but I didn't think it would take that long to finish. I didn't leave the house until 1:05AM. Bah, stupid mystery games. Interesting story line though: wife wins lottery, husband's having an affair with her best friend, they fight, wife trips and falls down the stairs, goes into coma. The game takes place in a coma induced nightmare.

No comments: