Sunday, March 9, 2008

Fun and Excitment Galore! mmm pizza opens next week

Wow, lots of stuff happened today.

I decided today was a good day to start a new knitting project. I went through my options and thought I'd attempt a toque: it looked like a fairly easy one. I might have been finished right now if I hadn't missed the small line that said "knit 75 rows..." I cast on my 85 stitches and then proceeded to follow the instructions for the crown. I followed the instructions perfectly, after I interpreted them, just at the wrong time. I finally figured this out what I had done sometime around 2:00ish. I am now doing it correctly and I've got about an inch and a half done. It is a beautiful bright spring green. I'm not sure who I'm going to give it too. I am not a toque person.

After starting my toque it was off to the depot. Not very exciting, but definitely necessary. Or so one would think. I have nothing to read so I wandered into the Free Store to look at books, I only found one novel, BUT I found a Japanese/English Snoopy book. I have been looking for a Japanese/English book, comic, manga, whatever for ages. The good old Free Store pulls through. And if that wasn't enough I found something almost as cool right after. Jer called me into the back to look at this sewing machine he'd found; it was a decent machine, it worked and all, but... I looked down and there was an old case and when I opened it inside was like the coolest sewing machine I've ever seen. It's a really old looking Aristocrat. I can't find any information on it online. It's missing it's foot, but who cares, it's great.

After the depot Jethro and I helped Jer clean out his trailer. Toglia's getting a small family of woofers and it's the only place to put them. After that back to the house for not much action. Until later...

Jer's beening planning on make this awesome dessert called Dulce de Plantanos: so, he decided tonight was the night. We decided that it was too much for just us and gave Doug and Rachelle a call. A quick run to the Cove and we were set. Jer cooked with a bit of chopping/peeling assistance from Rachelle and I; and some stirring/pouring assistance from Doug. Lots of laughs and conversation: much of it around food. The dessert turned out awesome! We could have done with at least two more people to help eat it though.

More photos soon, Google isn't happy right now

No comments: