Friday, March 14, 2008

The saga of the library book.

Okay it's confession time. I don't have a very good track record at the library: please don't hold it against me. I just seem to have a hard time getting back, I tend to go maybe three time a year. So, I was in town and I got one book out. I figured I could get that back on time. I conveniently have a friend working at the Hornby library right now so I asked him to return it. It was all well and good I thought, until he told me he had forgotten to return it. I decide I'll just wait for him to go into work next week, but I get this email saying that the book is due Thursday and he doesn't work until Saturday.

I called to get him to bring it to Supper Club, but he didn't come. So, I call again the next day to see if I can pick it up on my way to Art's Afternoons at the school, no answer. I leave early to stop at his house to pick up the book anyway and the stupid dog starts barking it's head off at me. The dog wakes up Greg, who I need to talk to anyway, but he had night shift the night before and I felt bad. But he's up anyway so he comes out to his truck with me and gives me the book. I drop it off at the library and I am still on time for Art's Afternoons. And yes, I did get it back on time. *takes bow*

You might be wondering what Art's Afternoons is. Every Thursday, it used to be Wednesday, for a month the kids at the school get to spend the afternoon with a local artist learning their craft. I offered to help out if I was needed so I ended up with Norma doing pottery. I loved Art's Afternoons when I went to school here and I wanted to get to go again, volunteering is a good way to do this. This week was the final week so our group was glazing, well not everyone. Because so many people are sick AND one of the art teacher couldn't come in our group grew from last week and we had some kids just starting to sculpt and some glazing. Norma said the kids that started late can glaze after spring break. In between helping the kids and Norma I got to glaze my turtle I made last week. He is so cool now. I'll post pictures in a couple of weeks when I get him back. Norma said she'd put him in the kids' art show.

No comments: